We are a FinTech startup company headquartered out of London and now the US.
Our aim is to change the way credit scoring is carried out, after all this industry hasn't seen change in the last 50 years. We want to provide lenders & borrowers with a win/win situation.
Backed by VC funding. Aire works with large international financial institutions including national banks and lenders such as Toyota Financial Services, Zopa, NBrown and others involved in consumer finance.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our innovative data science team. Our team does a lot of applied research with high-dimensional, structured and unstructured data, utilising a variety of machine learning models in the fields of consumer credit risk, affordability and financial inclusion.
We are laser focused on delivering measurable business value, and have a mandate to take ideas and techniques from the research phase right through to live deployments.
As a successful Data Scientist, you should be highly analytical, and have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. A passion for learning and sharing knowledge on new models and techniques with the team is also a must.
- You will be working in a fast paced, agile team, collaborating closely with the engineering and credit risk teams and our project managers to deliver insights across multiple partnerships.
- You will be building and improving upon complex models of consumer behaviour and credit risk.
- You will research patterns and trends in proprietary and public data sources to provide a more complete picture of consumer credit risk.
- You will continuously evaluate model performance across a multitude of financial products and demographic segments.
- You will contribute to the ongoing development of Aire’s core products including our Interactive Virtual Interview, risk engines and analytics platform.
- You will have the opportunity to represent Aire in discussions with commercial partners to scope projects and deliver modelling insights.
- You have phenomenal communication and people skills;
- You have very high attention to detail
- You're a collaborator with dedication and willingness to learn and adjust in a fast-paced working environment
- You have at least a Bachelors degree in science or maths, and have extensive hands on experience applying statistical methods and techniques.
- You have hands on experience applying machine learning in a commercial environment.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in a technical field.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience as a data scientist in a commercial environment.
- You have at least 2 years experience with Python, R, Matlab, or SAS. You understand, appreciate, and apply best practice when using these technologies.
- Experience with object-oriented computer programming and deep understanding of big data is desirable
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive Salary
- 2% Pension Contributory
- Private Health Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan