Aire is building a more financially inclusive society by helping 4.5 billion people gain access to financial products and services they deserve. The status quo is holding people back - it often results in good people being denied access or paying too much for loans, credit cards or mortgages.
Aire is rethinking credit scores - an industry and approach that has seen little if any real innovation in the last 50 years. We are committed to ensuring that consumer finance serves the diverse societies that we live in.
We are looking to build a diverse team of engineers that reflects the backgrounds of people that we wish to help. We seek engineers who share our vision of a more inclusive financial system, and who are excited to be at the intersection of web technologies, machine learning and information security.
We’re building a real product that will deeply touch the lives of millions of users. Because we’re a team that covers everything from infrastructure, data pipelines through to UX it’s important that we are constantly sharing knowledge and educating each other. Testing and reproducibility are a priority, particularly because we work in a shifting business context and need to adapt to change.
What you bring
- You’ll bring new ideas on how to break the existing system.
- You want to get to grips with shipping software to a 24/7 production environment in a repeatable and reliable way.
- You’ll bring an understanding of a range of tools and technologies and be actively looking for new ones that can improve our process.
- You’re always looking to improve and figure out what we can do better as a team.
- You love development methods that prioritise testing and working as a team.
- You have a desire to craft scalable, secure and performing systems.
As part of the founding team of a growth business you’ll thrive under uncertainty and be looking to have an impact on the culture of the company. You may have led a small team of developers or be looking to take that on as the team expands.
An alumni of the TechStars, Aire’s team is composed of successful serial entrepreneurs and industry veterans. Beyond raising over $3 million in funding to date, Aire’s innovative approach has been covered extensively by the press, including Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Financial Times and has received industry wide recognition across Europe and the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary: £48k - £60k
Equity: 0.6% - 1%
Dependent on experience