We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our innovative data science team. Our team does a lot of applied research with high-dimensional, structured and unstructured data, utilising a variety of machine learning models in the fields of consumer credit risk, affordability and financial inclusion.
We are laser focused on delivering measurable business value, and have a mandate to take ideas and techniques from the research phase right through to live deployments.
As a successful Data Scientist, you should be highly analytical, and have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. A passion for learning and sharing knowledge on new models and techniques with the team is also a must.
- You will be working in a fast paced, agile team, collaborating closely with the engineering andcredit risk teams and our project managers to deliver insights across multiple partnerships.
- You will be building and improving upon complex models of consumer behaviour and credit risk.
- You will research patterns and trends in proprietary and public data sources to provide a more complete picture of consumer credit risk.
- You will continuously evaluate model performance across a multitude of financial products and demographic segments.
- You will contribute to the ongoing development of Aire’s core products including our Interactive Virtual Interview, risk engines and analytics platform.
- You will have the opportunity to represent Aire in discussions with commercial partners to scope projects and deliver modelling insights.
- You have phenomenal communication and people skills;
- You have very high attention to detail
- You're a collaborator with dedication and willingness to learn and adjust in a fast-paced working environment
- You have at least a Bachelors degree in science or maths, and have extensive hands on experience applying statistical methods and techniques.
- You have hands on experience applying machine learning in a commercial environment.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in a technical field.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience as a data scientist in a commercial environment.
- NOTE: If applying for entry level role as a Data Scientist, we will instead look for a strong demonstrated commitment to the data science field in terms of training and/or community participation.
- You have at least 2 years experience with Python, R, Matlab, or SAS. You understand, appreciate, and apply best practice when using these technologies.
- Experience with object-oriented computer programming and deep understanding of big data is desirable
Salary: £50k - £76k (across various positions)
Equity Options: up to 0.5%, Offered as EMI plan
Other Benefits (Pension Plan, Cycle2Work)